Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Assistive Technology


Assistive Technology was probably the assignment where I learned the most information. I have never been exposed to the capabilities a computer possesses to help a student with different types of disabilities. I was able to learn also about the Print Screen button which I found to be very helpful and easy to use for teachers. Sometimes teachers are limited on time and if the website they are looking at has interesting photos the teacher can just copy the exact page and share to a power point, excel, or word document. I will definitely use the Print Screen button in my future classroom for ease of use and for time constraints. I had a hard time finding the exact place on my computer to access most of the helpful tools for students with disabilities but once I found them I was so thrilled to discover them.

The standards used:

1.      Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity

Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
 4.      Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
These standards are all very beneficial when using Assistive Technology tools. Students will be able to access the same computer programs that students without disabilities use on a daily basis. Having this knowledge will make it easier for me to conduct lessons that are accessible for all students with or without a disability.
My Assistive Technology Power point ~

No comments:

Post a Comment