Tuesday, April 24, 2012

IT 365 Course Reflection

Throughout IT 365, I was exposed to many different types of technology and software programs. Using Google I was able to explore Google Documents, Google Groups, and also Google Blogger. I have had previous experience with Google but did have some difficulty navigating some of its features of the Google Groups. I feel that I was the weakest in this part because I was not very familiar with the new features of Google. I will focus on my weaknesses by practicing using the Google functions to become more familiar.
             The Concept Map through Inspiration was a fun and informative. I plan to use this program for many subjects throughout my teaching career. Another assignment was using Assistive Technology and I feel it was the most informative. I learned so much about the different features that my computer offers for students with different disabilities. The Print Screen button is another feature that I was introduced to throughout this semester. I feel that I was able to use the Print Screen and Assistive Technology features with the most ease.
            My future learning goals include becoming more proficient in all areas of technology that we have discussed and created assignments for. The best way for me to become more proficient would be to use the instructions and software tools that we have discovered and used throughout this semester. I was not very familiar with the Assistive Technology assignments but I quickly discovered the use of these different computer functions.
                        I plan to use technology throughout every aspect of my teaching career. I can use technology as a resource but also as a learning tool for my future students. There are so many fun websites that teachers can use to help students receive extra practice but also to get information for upcoming lessons. Another great thing that technology offers is the opportunity to create a personal website for classroom assignments. I am planning to create a website that will give parents the opportunity to see what types of assignments and topics that we will discuss in my future classroom. My website will also be accessible for students also to see upcoming assignments and exciting new things to come in the classroom.
                        This class gave me so much new and informative information that I will be able to use in my future classroom. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to explore different software programs and will plan to use all of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment